> If you are new to adding in beneficial fats to your whole-food lifestyle, this is the way to go! By joining this coconut oil schedule, you’ll avoid many discomforts when it comes to building up the proper enzymes to break down & assimilate healthy fat.
Why Coconut Oil?? Coconut oil is widely available in the US and more importantly, organic coconut oil is widely available at your typical supermarket. This is an easy, (usually considered) non-offensive fat to start to incorporate with your meals. There is a misconception spread among many people that coconut oil is not good for heart health (and generally speaking, saturated fats). This is because it contains a large quantity of saturated fats (link below for more on fats). I’m here to tell you, coconut oil is beneficial for the heart. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in actively preventing various heart problems like high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The saturated fats present in coconut oil are not harmful as you commonly find in vegetable oils. Coconut oil does not lead to increase in LDL levels, and it reduces the incidence of injury and damage to arteries and therefore helps in preventing atherosclerosis.
Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another, may provide a range of health benefits. Some of these benefits are below per the coconut research center:
- Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
- Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
- Helps protect against osteoporosis
- Reduces inflammation.
- Supports tissue healing and repair.
- Supports and aids immune system function.
- Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
- Supports thyroid function.
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
- Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
- Is completely non-toxic to humans
It’s never failed that people from many diverse cultures, languages, religions, and races scattered around the globe have revered the coconut as a valuable source of both food and medicine. Wherever the coconut palm grows the people have learned of its importance as a effective medicine. For thousands of years coconut products have held a respected and valuable place in local folk medicine.
Now it’s here for you too! If you haven’t already,